Thursday, August 30, 2007

week 9, thing 23 (The End)

Well, I am finally finished, just under the wire!!! I was very excieted when I saw that we would be participating in "23 Things." Although it was a crazy summer and I really didn't have much time to work on it. Being a children's librarian, summer reading activites took up a lot of my time! I wonder how many children's librarians finished the program? With summer reading and staff vacations maybe the summer wasn't the best time for this program. By completing the program, I was able to look at lots of sites that I heard about and was meaning to look at. Overall, I think that there may have been too many activites. I also thought that some "Things" should have come earlier in the program, especially thing 15 (web 2.0 articles). Some sites were difficult to use and others such as Meez, just took so long to process that it was a waste of time. I definately didn't spend enough time on the web 2.0 awards and will definately go back to that site. I am now comfortable with blogging and may establish another blog soon. I also regularly visit bloglines. I am glad that I participated, but I am glad it is over too!!

No comments: