Monday, August 20, 2007

week 6, thing 13 (del.icio.us)

I looked at the us.ef.ul article and the otter group's tutorial. I found the us.ef.ul article to be very helpful and easy to understand (although the article might be a little out of date since Yahoo accquired del.icio.us). I especially liked the information presented about the flat hierarchy. While I didn't find anything useful on the PLCMCL2 account, I can see how it would be useful for an organization or a group to share this information.
I set up my del.icio.us account and began searching. I found interesting articles, blogs and websites by looking at the popular tags and searching under random tags. I found this site to be interesting and helpful, and pretty easy to use (once you download the tools to your browser). It is something that I will definately use. While I don't have a lot of things bookmarked for work, I do at home. I find that I can never find what folder I put sites into and then I can only use them if I am on my home computer. Plus there are always sites that fit into multiple categories and with del.icio.us, I can add as many tags that I want.

No comments: